During this time students are learning communication and social skills, working to develop friendships, and engaging in conflict resolution. It is important to teach children effective strategies and interventions so they will continue growing into productive individuals that display good character. Guidance Counselors serve as mentors who work with students daily to understand the importance of displaying good character traits. Below are services offered through the counseling program at Peskoe.
* Character Education
* Peer Mediation
* Individual Counseling
* Small Group Counseling
* Conflict Resolution
* Anger Management
* Accepting Responsibility
* Academic Counseling
* Classroom Guidance
* Interpreting Assessment Data
* Agency Referrals
If we can be of assistance to your child, you, or your family please feel free to call us at anytime. We consider it a privilege and honor to be your child's guidance counselors. Let us take this time to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to play an important role in the life of your child.
SCHOOL CLOSURES- FREE MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Mental Health Services hotline: 305-995-7100
*To assist students and their families with mental health support..
*Hours of Operation: M – F from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Cloud9World Social-Emotional Learning Resources
There are four logins available for our district. Parents will be able to access our material by visiting the website www.cloud9world.com and using the following user information:
Let’s Learn About Emotions with Kiwi books:
Elementary Core books:
21st Century books:
Building Great Citizens books:
In a continued effort to support our community in uncertain times, we also recommend the following FREE resources available to parents:
* Cloud9World’s Let’s Learn about Emotions with Kiwi helps children to recognize, name, understand, and manage their emotions. It is also available for the next two weeks to help parents read and talk about emotions young children may be feeling during this time of uncertainty.
* Cloud9World’s social and emotional learning television program, HUMAN NATURE. It can be found in English on AMAZON PRIME VIDEO or in Spanish (titled Naturaleza Humana) on UNIVISION, Saturdays at 10:00 a.m.
* Talking to Children about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/NASN/3870c72d-fff9-4ed7-833f-215de278d256/UploadedImages/PDFs/02292020_NASP_NASN_COVID-19_parent_handout.pdf
* Kid Friendly Resources to Teach Students about Coronavirus
* Tips to Help Kids Cope with Social Distancing
* Managing Anxiety and Stress
Act in excellence
Peskoe K-8 is proud to have STAR students!!!! We believe in encouraging students and supporting their efforts. We recognize both behavioral and academic strides!